Basic Principles For Guiding Essential
Child development actually refers to the emotional, biological, and psychological changes that take place in human beings between birth and the conclusion of adolescence. The process of child development is continuous with a predictable sequence.
Types Of Child Development
Benefits Of Child Development Through Montessori
In case of child development, the Montessori education holds a lot of importance. There are many benefits associated with early education through the Montessori Method some of these benefits have been discussed in the points below:
- It is not advisable that a child be kept in a confined environment; on the contrary, parents must expand the social circle of their child. Getting your child admitted in a Montessori setting means that he or she will make new friends in a secure environment. Socialization decreases shyness and increases self confidence in children.
- Sharing, cooperating, and perseverance are key components as far as human personality goes. A Montessori setting allows your child to learn these aspects in a safe learning environment.
- All the benefits which holistic educational approach provides can be enjoyed by your child in a Montessori setting.
- Since lessons are given in a cordial and funny way in a Montessori setting, it encourages the children for higher and effective learning.
- How you deal with people and other issues related to manners are taught in a professional way in a Montessori class. This helps in the development of your child’s personality.
- Group activities are a common feature in Montessori classes which means that your children will learn how to work in a group setting. They will learn the art of team work and, most importantly, they will learn how to respect the opinion of others.
- A robust sense of well-being is provided to the children in a Montessori class. This sense of well-being enhances their self-confidence which ultimately helps them in enhancing their skills and talent.
The 12 Principles Of Child Development
Now let’s briefly look at the twelve principles that serve as the guideline for child development.
- The different domains of development whether physical, emotional, social, or cognitive, are interlinked. Moreover, these domains hold a lot of importance as well. The development of a child in any one domain has an impact on other domains as well.
- All the different aspects of a child’s development and learning follow sequences which are well documented.
- The learning and development takes place at different paces in different children. The pace is also uneven when it comes to various areas of individual functioning of a kid.
- The continuous interaction of experience and biological maturation actually causes the learning and development of a child.
- The early experiences have a serious impact on the development and learning of a child.
- The development proceed towards self-regulation, complexity, and representational capacities which are greater in nature.
- The development of children becomes effective if they have consistent relationships with adults who are responsive. More importantly, the opportunities for fostering relationships with peers also play a great role in child development.
- The cultural and social contexts influence the learning and development of a child.
- Children are curious about learning and there are several ways through which they can learn with ease. Similarly, there are several teaching strategies and interactions as well that provide relevant support to this learning process.
- Play is an important aspect when it comes to the promotion of language, competence, cognition, and development of self-regulation in children.
- The learning and development greatly progresses if children are tested and challenged with tests and activities that are beyond their current level of professionalism.
- The approaches to learning are influenced by the experiences of the child. When I say approaches to learning, I mean flexibility, persistence, and initiative.
These twelve principles serve as the backbone of the Montessori educational approach. Know more about these principles by checking out this one by rezkifirdaussps. If you are someone who wants to become a professional Montessori teacher then learning these twelve principles is a must for you.